Details Books Toward Outliers: The Story of Success

Original Title: Outliers: The Story of Success
ISBN: 0316017922 (ISBN13: 9780316017923)
Edition Language: English
Download Books Outliers: The Story of Success  Online
Outliers: The Story of Success Hardcover | Pages: 309 pages
Rating: 4.15 | 498982 Users | 24021 Reviews

Itemize Appertaining To Books Outliers: The Story of Success

Title:Outliers: The Story of Success
Author:Malcolm Gladwell
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 309 pages
Published:November 18th 2008 by Little, Brown and Company (first published 2008)
Categories:Nonfiction. Psychology. Business. Self Help. Sociology. Science. Audiobook

Relation Supposing Books Outliers: The Story of Success

In this stunning new book, Malcolm Gladwell takes us on an intellectual journey through the world of "outliers"--the best and the brightest, the most famous and the most successful. He asks the question: what makes high-achievers different? His answer is that we pay too much attention to what successful people are like, and too little attention to where they are from: that is, their culture, their family, their generation, and the idiosyncratic experiences of their upbringing. Along the way he explains the secrets of software billionaires, what it takes to be a great soccer player, why Asians are good at math, and what made the Beatles the greatest rock band.

Rating Appertaining To Books Outliers: The Story of Success
Ratings: 4.15 From 498982 Users | 24021 Reviews

Commentary Appertaining To Books Outliers: The Story of Success
This is officially the best book of 2019. Damn it, this is the most valuable book I've ever read (Maybe I am still in a hangover, can't be sure).I don't like to read non-fiction that much, because I need to read a lot of bad ones to find a treasure. I somehow don't have this problem with fiction. With this? BINGO!This guy - Malcolm (just look at his pictures! I can't describe what I feel every time I see him, but you will understand what I mean) is thinking out of boundaries. I never considered

Well, it's official: Malcolm Gladwell has run out of things to say.His prose is still lively and entertaining, and he maintains his famous I-look-at-things-differently-than-anyone-else attitude, but "Outliers" has so little meat that it would have more appropriately been published as a magazine article.I think that the main value of reading Gladwell is that he plants a seed in your brain that encourages you to seek unconventional explanations for familiar phenomena. That's a very healthy thing,

This is officially the best book of 2019. Damn it, this is the most valuable book I've ever read (Maybe I am still in a hangover, can't be sure).I don't like to read non-fiction that much, because I need to read a lot of bad ones to find a treasure. I somehow don't have this problem with fiction. With this? BINGO!This guy - Malcolm (just look at his pictures! I can't describe what I feel every time I see him, but you will understand what I mean) is thinking out of boundaries. I never considered

This is not a feeling oriented review like those that seem to be getting esteem here. While this is a well-researched and easily readable book that makes some interesting points, most of its contents are pure common sense. In a world so highly populated with such strong inequities, of course there will be a lot of luck and chance involved with how someone turns out, aside from those that result from innate ability. You already knew that, right? So, shouldn't specific ideas and remedies be

People are criticizing this book because it is not a journal article. Well guess what: we're not all sociologists. I have read plenty of journal articles in my own field (law). I'm in no position to read journal articles in fields outside my own. Having a well-written piece of mass-market writing is just the thing I need to access this information.Another criticism of the book is that Gladwell is the "master of the anecdote." Well, it seems to me that ALL SOCIAL SCIENCE is in some sense

Didn't exactly read this book - Joe and I listened to it in the car on the way home from visiting family for Christmas. I really enjoyed it, and was very fascinated by certain parts of it, especially the sections about the Beatles, computer programmers and Korean co-pilots.But my enjoyment of the book was marred by the glaring absence of any well-known female "outliers." By chapter four or so, I noticed it and mentioned it to Joe, and then it just kept getting worse to the point that it was

This is one of those books that give popular nonfiction a bad name. Which is unfortunate, because what could be better than books that both educate and entertain? But Outliers embodies everything that people who sneer at the genre are talking about: its conclusions are both obvious and simplistic, its writing persuasive but glib. Its easy to see why Gladwell is a popular author: hes a good storyteller, his writing accessible and entertaining. But this book is so riddled with oversimplified