Declare Books Toward The Wasteland, Prufrock and Other Poems

ISBN: 143410169X (ISBN13: 9781434101693)
Edition Language: English
Download Books Online The Wasteland, Prufrock and Other Poems  Free
The Wasteland, Prufrock and Other Poems paper | Pages: 88 pages
Rating: 4.18 | 10069 Users | 303 Reviews

List Containing Books The Wasteland, Prufrock and Other Poems

Title:The Wasteland, Prufrock and Other Poems
Author:T.S. Eliot
Book Format:paper
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 88 pages
Published:July 30th 2008 by Waking Lion Press (first published 1922)
Categories:Poetry. Classics. Literature. Fiction

Commentary During Books The Wasteland, Prufrock and Other Poems

If you're into stuff like this, you can read the full review. Kublai Khan: "The Wasteland, Prufrock and Other Poems" by T. S. Eliot (Original review, 1981-05-10) It seems to me that the author of 'Prufrock' and that of the Wasteland are so different as to be un-recognisable. A look at the Wasteland reveals a lot of, to me, gratuitous classical referencing for which we might like to blame Pound and while I value its novelty (whereas Prufrock reads like Kublai Khan) the Wasteland reads like deliberate pastiche.

Rating Containing Books The Wasteland, Prufrock and Other Poems
Ratings: 4.18 From 10069 Users | 303 Reviews

Critique Containing Books The Wasteland, Prufrock and Other Poems
I read this for a challenge (shortest book on my shelf) and I'm not rating this because I'm not smart enough to read poetry, clearly. (To be clear, I didn't enjoy it, but I doubt it was the fault of the collection.)

"Let us go then, you and I, when the evening is spread out against the sky like a patient etherized upon a table..."This collection contains two of Eliot's most famous works, The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock and The Waste Land, but it also includes all the other poems he published betwen 1917 and 1922. I love Eliot and his use of allusion and symbolism in poetry. Because this volume is annotated there was a constant string of footnotes translating text and explaining references in the poems,

I dont know how to review this because it always feels like I am still in the process of reading it and untangling it and pealing away it's layers.at times i find my self reciting the parts that i know of some of these poems.when I am really done with it. if I am ever, I might give a proper review.

This volume contains Eliot's first two books of Poetry and his magnum opus, "The Waste Land," with its much needed (and thankfully) introductions, foot notes and critical commentary. Without the afterword analysis, I don't think I would appreciate some of the earlier poems as much as I eventually was able to do. I particularily enjoyed several where I did not feel as lost as to the poet's thematic meaning or narrative. Mr. Eliot's literary aspirations and ideals for great poetry are that they

The routine and regimented ways in which to write a T. S. Eliot poem in 10 easy steps are as follows, ahem:1. Come upon a cute turn of phrase,2. Pen a rambunctious title loosely related to said turn of phrase,3. Thumb the pages of Dante and pluck out an epigraph (preferably in the original Italian),4. Insert said epigraph beneath said title,5. Write slapdash quatrains,6. Insert said turn of phrase at a random place in said quatrains,7. Run the occasional line of said quatrains onto the next

So embarrassed to be giving TS Eliot 3 stars, but now that I've read it, I probably won't do a re-read. I liked Prufrock more than The Wasteland. I could spend days reading the commentaries and then the literary allusions from the poems. I felt Prufrock was delightful and read it several times. I felt I read The Wasteland multiple times (with commentary) because it was imperative to a decent poetic education. It seemed like a lot of World War I angst and soldiers returning with PTSD - a sad

If you asked me a few years ago to make a list of who I thought would be on the list of poets most influential to my own voice, I would never have selected Eliot. I have always been a little intimidated by his intelligence. For me, the key to gaining a deeper appreciation for Eliot was a deeper study of Anglo-Saxon poetry. Modernists like Eliot and Auden and Pound most remind me, for all their experimentation, of those old tellers of epic tales: the attention to language and rhythm, the idea of