Point Out Of Books Magic to the Bone (Allie Beckstrom #1)

Title:Magic to the Bone (Allie Beckstrom #1)
Author:Devon Monk
Book Format:Mass Market Paperback
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 355 pages
Published:November 4th 2008 by New American Library (first published October 16th 2008)
Categories:Fantasy. Urban Fantasy. Paranormal. Magic. Romance. Fiction
Download Magic to the Bone (Allie Beckstrom #1) Books For Free
Magic to the Bone (Allie Beckstrom #1) Mass Market Paperback | Pages: 355 pages
Rating: 3.65 | 12544 Users | 826 Reviews

Narrative To Books Magic to the Bone (Allie Beckstrom #1)

Allie would rather moonlight as a Hound than accept the family fortune - and the strings that come with it. All magic use has costs -- hers include migraines and memory loss. She finds a boy dying from a magic Offload with her father's signature, then her father is murdered. Allie's search for the truth calls on her country friend and the handsome man originally assigned as her bodyguard. Someone is forging magic signatures -- and hers is on her dead father.

Mention Books Concering Magic to the Bone (Allie Beckstrom #1)

Original Title: Magic to the Bone
ISBN: 0451462408 (ISBN13: 9780451462404)
Edition Language: English
Series: Allie Beckstrom #1
Characters: Allie Beckstrom, Zayvion Jones
Setting: Portland, Oregon(United States)


Rating Out Of Books Magic to the Bone (Allie Beckstrom #1)
Ratings: 3.65 From 12544 Users | 826 Reviews

Crit Out Of Books Magic to the Bone (Allie Beckstrom #1)
In this world people discovered a way to harness magic 30 years ago. By trapping it in glass pipes for an instance it can be used. But it always takes something from you, pain, a memory, and Allie knows this. Still she hounds. She hunts people who does not use magic right, they do not take the pain, they give it to someone else. Her father is one of the richest men around but she has cut all ties, and she does live in a rathole and really suffers.This is not a nice world, it feels dirty, and the

Somewhere between 2.5 and 3 stars. A pendulum of a read. Somethings worked for me, others did not. For the first book in a series, Monk crafted a well thought out world of magic and power. The price of magic was physical aliment which made sense. The story had a nice flow & was well written. World building never bogged down the story as a whole which was impressive. It never suffered from First Book Syndrome.My main issue with this book was the lead, Allie. While the character had a lot of

Mini review by phone!I have a feeling I'm really going to enjoy the rest of this series. Allie is a fantastic (if sometimes a little stupid) heroine who is always up for a fight. I love that she refused to back down no matter what and that she constantly fought for others. The world that this book is set in is just amazing, and unique amongst all the urban fantasy I've read. While magic is there to use, it uses you right back, often making it dangerous to perform certain types if magic. For

3.5There is that breed of writers who now dominate the urban fantasy market and who bring to the readers a gritty, dark, often disappointing world of supernatural beings and magic. Like Ilona Andrews and Patricia Briggs, Devon Monk has created a tough heroine who takes care of herself, has had a rough childhood, makes friends despite herself and stumbles into world-domination plots that make her groan!I like Allie Beckstrom and as a heroine who suffers from partial amnesia every time she uses

I will freely admit to being a snob with my urban fantasy; as hypocritical as it may be considering the genre, I just cannot stand the paranormal romances that increasingly bulge off of the bookshelves. I found Monk's title in my old Waldenbooks where genres are a tad more fluid and took the chance that it was not of the paranormal romance ilk, trusting in Roc's growing reputation as the leader in urban fantasy. I was intrigued by her description of magic use. In reading the novel, I was not

I really like the world so far and how the magic works. I didn't like that it switched from A's 1st person pov to third person pov for Cody. It was a little jarring. But then I felt so bad for Cody I did like his scene. I just don't like how it goes from 1st to 3rd person. This is set in Portland which I enjoy, since I live in Portland. However I have a higher opinion of Saint Johns than the author does. Some of the phrasing is weird to me, like: "My mouth watered so hard I had to swallow." some

I finished this over the weekend, and it was fiiiiiine. Honestly though, didn't feel like anything I hadn't read already so I've no plans to continue the series. Also, people really have to stop with the 'poor little rich girl' thing. It gets so old.