Free I Have Lived a Thousand Years (Elli Friedmann #1)Books Online Download
I Have Lived a Thousand Years (Elli Friedmann #1) Paperback | Pages: 234 pages
Rating: 4.16 | 20160 Users | 933 Reviews

Define Books Toward I Have Lived a Thousand Years (Elli Friedmann #1)

Original Title: I Have Lived A Thousand Years: Growing Up In The Holocaust
ISBN: 0689823959 (ISBN13: 9780689823954)
Edition Language: English
Series: Elli Friedmann #1
Characters: Elli Friedmann
Literary Awards: Bronzener Lufti (2005), Oklahoma Sequoyah Award for YA (2000)

Relation In Pursuance Of Books I Have Lived a Thousand Years (Elli Friedmann #1)

What is death all about? What is life all about? So wonders thirteen-year-old- Elli Friedmann, just one of the many innocent Holocaust victims, as she fights for her life in a concentration camp. It wasn't long ago that Elli led a normal life; a life rich and full that included family, friends, school, and thoughts about boys. A life in which Elli could lie and daydream for hours that she was a beautiful and elegant celebrated poet. But these adolescent daydreams quickly darken in March 1944, when the Nazis invade Hungary. First Elli can no longer attend school, have possessions, or talk to her neighbors. Then she and her family are forced to leave their house behind to move into a crowded ghetto, where privacy becomes a luxury of the past and food becomes a scarcity. Her strong will and faith allow Elli to manage and adjust somehow, but what Elli doesn't know is that this is only the beginning and the worst is yet to come.... A remarkable memoir. I Have Lived a Thousand Years is a story of cruelty and suffering, but at the same time a story of hope, faith, perseverance and love.

List Of Books I Have Lived a Thousand Years (Elli Friedmann #1)

Title:I Have Lived a Thousand Years (Elli Friedmann #1)
Author:Livia Bitton-Jackson
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 234 pages
Published:March 1st 1999 by Simon Pulse (first published January 1st 1997)
Categories:World War II. Holocaust. Nonfiction. History. War. Autobiography. Memoir. Biography. Historical

Rating Of Books I Have Lived a Thousand Years (Elli Friedmann #1)
Ratings: 4.16 From 20160 Users | 933 Reviews

Criticism Of Books I Have Lived a Thousand Years (Elli Friedmann #1)
I have to stop reading holocaust books....... The one I am reading now is a YA book, but I think it is one of the most gripping I have ever read. With little details the author puts you there in the concentration camp, naked, without clothes, in the showers, having your hair shorn off, being served soup filled with white squirming worms........No other holocaust book has done this to me so grittingly. I AM THERE. These are not just words on a page. You are equally torn when the Nazis take her

Livia Bitton-Jackson tells her story as a young teenage child and how she survived the brutality of the Holocaust and the horrors of Auschwitz.Born Livia (Ellie) Friedmann in 1931 in the picturesque and sleepy town of Somorja between the Carpathians and the Danube, in a fairly religious Jewish home.At the age of 13 Ellie witnessed the invading Nazis sweeping into her town and the life of the family was turned upside down. Ellie as particularly upset at her brand new bicycle being taken way by

3.5 Stars I have lived a Thousand Years is a well written, candid, and deeply poignant account of survival as a teenager in the Nazi death camps.It is however the first book of a 3 parts series which I do think it is important to point out as I failed to observe this fact before reading the book and really felt the ending rushed until I realised it there are two other books in the series. A First hand account of the life of a young teenager in a Nazi concentration camp, a difficult but

I could not put this book down. I will admit it was quite depressing at times as a "human being" that these terrible thing's took place and quite scary that something of this magnitude occured. The writing in this book is simple and straight foward. The descriptions (camps,food,clothing,injuries,emotions ect)written about in the book are very "real" to the reader. My heart goes out to the author and her family. There are no words to say how sorry I am to them for this terrible injustice. This

Content notes to help you decide whether to read or recommend this book:The author was 13 and living in a Hungarian town in Czechoslovakia at the start of her memoir and she was 14 at the end of the war. She would have been murdered on arrival at Auschwitz if the man sorting the adult women from the elderly and children had not liked the look of her blonde hair and told her 'you're sixteen now'. She must have been one of the youngest survivors of the camps.As well as being in Auschwitz twice in

What an amazing book! The way that Livia told her story as a young girl, called Elli, was wonderful. I cannot wait to read the next book in the series, as well as the book she published before these two, called simply, Elli. Elli and her family were taken to Nazi Concentration camps but miraculously survive. The way that Livia told her story and the details that she provided in the books were terrible, yet so eye opening. This is a wonderful book!

This was such a heartbreaking story, as I knew it would be. And yet, among all the horrors thirteen year old Elli was enduring, was her strength and her incredible will to survive. I was just amazed at her strength! I honestly don't know, had I been in her place, if I could have been so strong. I thought Elli's voice set a perfect tone for this book and the telling of her story. She writes very simply, and yet her words pack a huge punch. You can really hear the poet in her come through in her